We will explore opportunities to capture, communicate and implement all aspects of organisational learning.
This objective aligns to the following Commitments
Organisational learning is key to what we do as a Fire and Rescue Service. It helps us to shape our future practices and procedures, implement safer ways of working for our staff and reduce the risk to our communities.
Exploring opportunities to capture, communicate and implement all aspects of organisational learning will ensure that we maximise opportunities to work efficiently and effectively whilst implementing safer ways of working for our staff.
What are we going to do?
We are going to:
- Continue to implement our learning from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Continue to implement and embed the outcomes from our Operational Learning Group.
- Identify a mechanism to capture and record all non-operational learning across the Service.
- Explore additional mechanisms for communicating and implementing organisational learning and business assurance.
How will we know we have improved?
- Improvements to our practices and procedures for the benefit of our staff and communities.
- Increased levels of communication and engagement with staff on organisational learning outcomes.
- Positive feedback from staff on the changes and improvements that have been made.
- Implementation of a mechanism to capture non-operational learning, which will assist with business improvements and future planning.