Welcome to the #DawnsGlaw 2021 campaign resources page
As you know, Operation Dawns Glaw is an all-Wales multi-agency task force, initially established to reduce the incidents of deliberately set grass fires across Wales.
Over recent years the role and remit of the Operation has expanded. Whilst we are still determined to reduce the number of deliberately set grass fires; we are also focused on raising awareness around how grass fires are often started accidentally by our own carelessness. There also remains a focus on educating farmers and landowners on rules of The Heather and Grass Burning Code.
As such, we have developed this page for all partners and contributors to the #DawnsGlaw campaign to easily access all available materials to support #DawnsGlaw 2021, including:
- The All-Wales Multi-Agency Communications Plan for #DawnsGlaw 2021.
- All Press Releases (English and Welsh versions) issued in support of the campaign.
- Pre-written and pre-translated social media messages.
- Images for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, which you can download to accompany the pre-written social media messages – or indeed any additional agency specific messages you would like to post in support of the campaign.
- All photographs, videos and incident footage which may also be used to support the campaign.
- Any briefing material which is developed to assist us in getting our messages across to our own staff on the frontline.
If you do have any questions around the communications approach to this year’s Operation Dawns Glaw campaign – or indeed, if you’d like to discuss any additional material which you feel would benefit the campaign, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Head of Communications & Business Development
Communications, Engagement and Consultation Officer.