Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service
Lime Grove Avenue
Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service enforces general fire safety legislation on behalf of the Mid and West Wales Fire Authority. The legislation the Authority enforces includes:
Landlords and agents are now required by law to be registered or licenced. A new law -The Housing (Wales) Act 2014 - has been introduced in Wales which applies to all landlords and agents of private residential property. If you own, rent out, manage and/or live in a rented property then this law will impact on you.
- Do you own a residential property that you don’t live in?
- Do you let someone else live in it?
- Do you receive money for them living there?
Registration is quick and easy. It can be done online at www.rentsmart.gov.wales or by phoning 0300 0133 344 to request a paper form.
If the answer is YES to any of the following questions you will need to apply for a licence:
- Are you a landlord who self-manages your property?
- Are you an agent who lets and manages properties on behalf of landlords?
- Are you a friend, family member or associate of a landlord who looks after their property for them?
You can apply for a licence online at www.rentsmart.gov.wales or you can phone 0300 0133 344.
Our Enforcement Policy is based on the principles of ‘Better Regulation’ contained in the Regulators Compliance Code and sets out the approach the Authority will take to enforce the legislation. It will be used in conjunction with guidance issued by the Westminster and Welsh Government and other relevant government departments.